You will need a medical examination if you are applying for a K1 Visa or a K3 Visa. This is done before the interview and needs to be submitted with your application. These are the basics and they do change so check the latest from the US government website for any minor updates which they might have added.
They will check for the following:
The medical examination includes a review of the applicant:
- Medical history,
- Physical examination,
- Chest X-ray and blood tests.
- The physical examination will at least include examination of the eyes, ears, nose and throat, extremities, heart, lungs, abdomen, lymph nodes, skin and external genitalia.
Contact one of the designated physicians to arrange your medical exam. Explain that the examination is for an immigrant visa application and give the physician the date of the interview appointment.
Take with you to the hospital:
- Your vaccination immunization records
- Any prior chest x-rays
- Copies of your medical history records
- Your passport, identity card or laissez-passer
- Travel documents
Speak to the doctor or hospital staff as listed as to what is needed.