What documents needed for Spouse Visa. These are the documents that would be needed if you are applying for a K3 Visa or as it is also known a US spouse visa. Always speak to an immigration lawyer before you start the process as there might be issues you have overlooked when making the application.
Documents needed for Spouse Visa
There are a number of documents needed for a spouse visa. These will differ based on time as well. As an example the CR1 visa you should be married for less than two years. The IR1 visa is meant for those who are married but for more than two years. The documents for these two spouse visa will be the same. The only difference is the time that people have been married.
You will need to have a valid passport which is valid for at least 6 months beyond the date of stay. You will note that if the passport is not valid for this long then you can be denied entry into the US. See the part on ineligibility for a US visa. You will note that a passport that does not comply with the rules is a reason for rejection.
Affidavit of Support
There are a number of these such as the I-864, I-864A, I-864 EZ, or even the I-864W, as appropriate). You will note the difference between these documents as explained below.
- The I-864 (Affidavit of Support), is a document that you sign to accept financial responsibility for your wife.
- The I-864A (Contract Between Sponsor and Household Member), is used when you have a co-sponsor.
- Then the I-864 EZ is a simplified version of the I-864 Affidavit of Support.
- Also the I-864W is a Worksheet that is used in conjunction with the I-864 Affidavit of Support to calculate income.
Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application
This is an electronic form. Once you have completed the process on line when you start the visa application. That is the Form DS-260. This electronic form is known as the Immigrant Visa Electronic Application. It is used by individuals who are applying for an immigrant visa to become a permanent resident of the United States.
Form DS-260 – You need to have the printout of the form when you completed this when the process started.
Two (2) 2×2 photographs. See the required photo format
Documents will need to be translated and certified. The following documents are needed:
- Your adoption documents if you are adopted;
- Also your birth certificates;
- Your prison record if you have one (The criminal record check will show this)
- Marriage certificate;
- Divorce documents if you are divorced;
- Your military records if you had been in the military;
- Police criminal record check.
These will need to be scanned in when you apply for the visa, so have these ready. You will need this at the visa interview as well. Basically all the documents you had submitted as well as all your payment slips through the process.
The completed Medical Examination Forms – These are provided by the panel physician after you have completed your medical examination and vaccinations .