Home / US Visa / US Visa Process / K2 Visa Requirements

K2 Visa Requirements

US EmbassyIf you are getting married to a woman with a child or children she can take the children back to the US with her after they have filed for a K2 Visa for them. The basic requirements for the K2 Visa are as follows.

The requirements for the K2 visa are as follows:

  1. The child must be younger than 21;
  2. The child must be unmarried;
  3. The child must want to move to the US.
  4. The child must pass a medical exam.

The visa is valid for 90 days on the K1 Visa. If you do not marry your fiancee within the 90 day period the K2 Visa holder would have to leave the country with the K1 Visa holder. The documents needed for the K2 Visa are as follows:

  • Valid passport if over 16 years of age;
  • Nonimmigrant Visa Application (Form DS-156);
  • Official birth certificate;
  • Complete medical report;
  • Permission from the other parent.

If the child is under 14 then the US Embassy does not need the child to go with to the K1 visa interview or the K3 visa interview at the US Embassy. Note that the time limit is one year in which to apply for the K2 visa once the K1 Visa as bee issued. The benefits of the K2 Visa is that the child can stay in the US as well as study in the US. The child can also apply for a work permit legally.


About Andre Hector

I develop websites and content for websites related to embassies from around the world. See more pages and content about US embassies from around the world. From Canada to Nepal all US embassies have been listed here. See the other websites listed on the sidebar for Thai, Canadian and British embassies.

Check Also

Cancel a K1 Visa

Notice of Action

The phrase Notice of Action is a phrase which is used to state when the …