Muscat is the location and city where you will find the US embassy in Oman. Speak to the staff at the embassy about your US visa or visit to the US embassy for more information about registering a marriage, death or the birth of your child.
They can also issue you a new US passport if you have lost yours. The telephone numbers and contacts detailsÂ including a map to the US embassy in Oman is listed below. The US embassy is around the corner from the British embassy in Oman and not to far away from the Thai embassy in Oman. See the attached map for more details.
US Embassy in Oman
P.O. Box 202
Madinat AlÂ Sultan Qaboos
Tel: (968) 2464-3400
Fax: (968) 2464-3740
For any consular questions, please contact the Consular Section.
Public Holidays in Oman
*Denotes Omani religious holidays. Dates for religious holidays are dependent upon the sighting of the moon and may vary from the above estimated dates. Mission holidays will be determined and announced based upon the decision made by the Omani Government.
- January 1: New Year’s Day
- January 19: Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr.
- January 24: The Prophet’s Birthday*
- February 16: Washingtonâ€™s Birthday
- May 26: Memorial Day
- June 6: The Prophet’s Ascension Day*
- July 4: Independence Day
- July 23: Renaissance Day**
- August 8-9: Eid Al Fitr*
- September 1: Labor Day
- October 13: Columbus Day
- October 15-17: Eid Al Adha*
- November 4: Islamic New Year*
- November 11: Veteran’s Day
- November 18: Oman National Day**
- November 28: Thanksgiving Day
- December 25: Christmas Day
US Embassy in Oman,