Home / US Visa / US Visa Process / CR1 Visa Application

CR1 Visa Application

US EmbassyIf you are married and have not been married for more than 2 years then you can apply for a CR1 Visa where you are. This is the CR1 Visa process in order to bring your wife to the United States as quickly as possible.

The process to obtain the CR1 Visa is pretty much the same as that for the K3 Visa application. You first have to file a Petition for Alien Relative (Form I-130) with the USCIS. During this process they will check the validity of the marriage and the relationship of the parties. Once the USCIS approves the application it is forwarded to the National Visa Center or NVC for further attention. Once this has been done the National Visa Center will tell you where to pay the fees for the application. Once the fees are paid they will ask for further documentation. Once this is viewed it will be forwarded to the US Embassy where you wife is located.

It is the NVC or National Visa Center which will setup the date and appointment with the US Embassy for an interview. After the interview at the US Embassy the visa is normally issued within 3 business days after the interview.


About Andre Hector

I develop websites and content for websites related to embassies from around the world. See more pages and content about US embassies from around the world. From Canada to Nepal all US embassies have been listed here. See the other websites listed on the sidebar for Thai, Canadian and British embassies.

Check Also

CR1 Visa Application

National Visa Center

There are two National Visa Center locations in the United States. Their job is to …